Music every Friday at Bistro Nouveau
Bistro Nouveau at The Center at Eastman features Pete Merrigan at 6 p.m. July 22 (www.petemerrigan.com) as part of its Fix at Six summer music series each Friday through Labor Day weekend.
Reservations are strongly recommended each week, 863-8000.
Public hearing on $10,000 disbursement
Pursuant to New Hampshire RSA 36-A, the Grantham Conservation Commission will hold a Public Hearing in accordance with RSA 675:7 beginning at 7 p.m. Monday, July 18 in the Town Hall’s Jerry Whitney Memorial Conference Room for the purpose of comment and discussion on disbursing $10,000 from the Grantham Conservation Fund to the Upper Valley Land Trust for conservation management and stewardship in connection with conservation and protection of Grantham property located on Leavitt Hill Road identified as Lot 208-002. Interested citizens are encouraged to attend the public hearing and express their views.
The Public Hearing is part of the Conservation Commission’s deliberations relating to identifying for conservation a Grantham property vital to conservation and preservation of Town natural resources that may also be used by the Town for wetlands mitigation in connection with obtaining the necessary Dredge and Fill Permit to proceed with construction of the new ball field at the Recreation Park.
Summer Reading Program 2011
The Dunbar Free Library invites you to this year’s summer reading program – One World, Many Stories. Join them each week for a fun-filled Storytime of books, crafts and fun activities, generously sponsored by the Friends of Dunbar Free Library.
Don’t miss the special evening event ‘Tweens Craft & Pizza Night for children ages 9 and older from 6:30 to 8 p.m. July 20. Preregistration is required: 863-2172.
The grand finale will be Alejandro’s Olde Tyme Magik Showe with Andrew Pinard beginning at 10 a.m. July 30 in the lower level of Grantham Town Hall.
Sixth annual vocal concert
Grantham’s Caren Calafati will perform in her sixth annual vocal concert beginning at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 20 at The Center at Eastman. She will perform music from Broadway, Ella Fitzgerald favorites and, of course, Italian and foreign language favorites. This year's concert will also include the inaugural performance of the Eastman Instrumental Ensemble. Free and open to the public. Make a night of it and enjoy Bistro Nouveau's two-fer $38 special. Call for reservations, 863-8000.
Help Jessica raise money for cancer research
Grantham’s Jessica Smith has joined thousands of breast cancer supporters for the 2011 Susan G. Komen Boston 3-Day for the Cure 60-mile walk. After months of training and fundraising, Jessica will walk 60 miles July 22-24 to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research and community-based breast health and education programs. This is Jessica’s first time participating.
"Through my participation in this event, I know I am making a personal impact on the breast cancer movement," Jessica said. "I am doing this walk so that my children and my family’s and friends’ children will not have their lives affected by breast cancer."
Frisbee golf tournaments
If you want to play some fun Frisbee Golf, head to Tilton Park in Sunapee. Bring your own discs, get them from the Sunapee Information Booth or buy them from Tattered Pages in Sunapee Harbor. If you go to the top of the hill in Tilton Park, there is a map of the course. Your goal is to get the discs into the yellow buckets in the least number of tries. Try not to get it stuck in the tree! There are 12 buckets.
There will also be two Frisbee Golf Tournaments July 20 and July 31, both beginning at 6 p.m. They are 18 holes, best Frisbee, bring your own Frisbees. Cost is $20 for a team of two. Prizes will be given in a variety of age categories. Pre-registration at Dewey Beach or sign up at the tournament. Contact Scott Blewitt 863-0336 for more information.
Kayak/Canoe Poker Run
A kayak and canoe Poker Run will be held beginning at 8:30 a.m. July 30 in Sunapee Harbor. Start from Sunapee Harbor and make stops along the route to draw a playing card; play your poker hand later for prizes. Beginner to advanced paddlers encouraged to participate. Those younger than 12 must be with a parent. Bring your own canoe or kayak and life jacket. Pre-registration at Dewey Beach. Cost is $5 per person. Contact Scott Blewitt 863.0336 for more information.
• Weekly Storytime are held each week at the Dunbar Free Library: each Wednesday at 10 a.m. through July 27 for children ages 4 and younger, with an adult; and each Thursday at 10 a.m. through to July 28 for children ages 5 through 9.
• Grantham United Methodist Church will begin worship services at 9 a.m. each Sunday, with Pastor Patricia Williams as the part-time pastor. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• The Twilight Ladies' Golf Group meets every Tuesday at 5:15 p.m. get a tip from the pro and tees off at 5:30 for a scramble outing. No membership is required and you can sign up weekly, come when you can and play in a different group each week. Contact the Pro Shop for details, 863-4500.
• Mobile Outreach comes to Grantham Town Hall from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month to discuss people’s qualifications for programs provided by Southwestern Community Services. For more information, call Becky at 603-719-4134, or visit her at the Grantham Town Hall.
• If you registered to vote prior to 2006, you must go to the Town Clerk’s Office with a driver’s license or a passport or information on where you were born, and to fill out an updated registration card. The Town Clerk’s Office is open Mon.-Wed. 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Thurs. 8 a.m.-noon and 1-5 p.m.; Fri. 8-noon and 1-4; and Tue.-Wed. 6-8 p.m.
• The Grantham Food Pantry at 65 Roses in Rum Brook Plaza is open
for food pick up from 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 9:30
a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays. For more information, visit
www.granthamfoodpantry.org or call Caitlin at 603-361-2604. Donations of
non-perishable food, toiletry and baby items can be dropped off at the
Dunbar Free Library, Grantham Town Hall and Eastman’s South Cove
Activity Center. Cash donations go to the Grantham Community Crisis
Top of this page
Front Page Archives Great links
Contact: ken.s+sunacom.com (replace "+" with "@")