The cross on the Grantham United Methodist Church was lit Jan. 5 in memory of Hugh Reney and Jan. 9 in memory of Ella Reney.
School district budget work continues
The Grantham School Board will hold a budget work session beginning at 5 p.m. Jan. 25 in the Jerry Whitney Room at Grantham Town Hall. The next regular school board meeting is 6:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at 6:30 in the Jerry Whitney Room.
Learn about Primulas
The Grantham Garden Club will meet at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 15 at the town hall. Speaker will be Marianne Kuchel on Primulas. The program is free and open to the public. Call 863-8163 for more information.
Calling all foodies…
The Vegetarian Dining Club is open to anyone who is interested in vegetarian dining. The next event will begin at 6 p.m. Jan. 21 at Bistro Nouveau at The Center at Eastman. The three-course dinner is $25 per person, which includes tax and 18 percent gratuity. All beverages are additional. The deadline for reservations is Jan. 16. RSVP to Carol Moses at 603-863-3263 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When making your reservation, please let Carol know if you want the vegan option or have any food allergies.
JOSA means great music
Jazz on a Sunday Afternoon (JOSA to those in the know) comes to The Center at Eastman every other Sunday into April. The next performance with Grammy nominated alto saxophonist Greg Abate will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Jan. 17. Cost is $18 for adults and $16 for seniors (62+) and students (-17). A bistro menu and full service bar is offered during all performances by Bistro Nouveau. Make reservations by contacting the Wightsteeple Box Office at 603-763-8732 or email@example.com. Information about specific shows is available at www.josajazz.com.
The Grantham Town Offices, Transfer Station and Dunbar Free Library will be closed Jan. 18 in observance of Martin Luther King Day. Grantham and Lebanon schools are also closed.
Blood pressure and foot clinic
Blood pressure and foot clinic with the Lake Sunapee Region Visiting Nurses and Hospice will be held 9:30 a.m. to noon Jan. 19 at the Grantham Town Hall. Free blood pressure screenings. Basic toenail care will be $20; a soak, trim, file, clean and lotion will be $25. People who are diabetic will need a doctor’s order for the foot care. Call 526-4077 to schedule a time.
Voter names being checked
The Supervisors of the Checklist will hold a public session for corrections to the voter checklist on from 7 to 8 p.m. Jan. 19 at Grantham Town Hall in the Jerry Whitney Memorial Conference Room. Changes in party registrations will also be accepted.
The Blue Mountain Snowdusters will host the Sullivan County Snowmobile Club’s meeting at 7 p.m. Jan. 25 in the lower level of the Grantham Town Building. This is a great time to find out what’s happening on the trails through the state as well as in Sullivan County. Meet members from other Sullivan County clubs as well as the Blue Mountain Snowdusters, Grantham’s local club.
The next regular meeting of the Blue Mountain Snowdusters is 7 p.m. Feb. 2 at Grantham Town Hall.
For more information please visit our web site at www.bluemountainsnowdusters.com.
Slide show, photos posted
The Grantham Historical Society’s website, www.granthamhistoricalsociety.org, now has links to the Draperville slide show and Grantham Mountain Fire photos. Click on "exhibits" in the right hand column and follow the links in the text.
Also, it's time to renew memberships, and the society encourages new members to sign up. More information is available on the website.
Consider running for office
If you’ve ever had an inkling to run for a town or school office, now is the time to act. The filing period for school and town offices is Jan. 20 to Jan. 29. Election for all school and town officials will be held all day March 9 at the Grantham Town Hall. Specific times will be announced later.
Applications are available at the SAU office Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Declarations of Candidacy for offices must be filed with School District Clerk Wayne Small, 863-0834. For the last day of filing, Jan. 29, the School District Clerk will be available at the SAU 75 Office from 3 to 5 p.m. and the SAU Office will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The following positions will be open: School District Board Member (three-year term); School District Clerk (one-year); School District Treasurer (one-year); School District Moderator (one-year).
The Grantham School District Meeting is 6:30 p.m. March 2 at Grantham Village School.
Applications are available at the Town Clerk’s Office during their normal business hours.
The following positions will be open: Selectman (three-year); Town Clerk/Tax Collector (three-year); Planning Board (three-year); Library Trustee (2 for three years each); Library Trustee (two-year); Cemetery Trustee (three-year); Trustee of Trust Funds (three-year); Trustee of Trust Funds (two-year); Trustee of Trust Funds (one-year); Moderator (two-year); Supervisor of the Checklist (six-year).
The Grantham Town Meeting will begin at 5 p.m. March 9.
• The Lebanon Motor Vehicle sub-station is closed until further notice. Licensing and registrations can be done at the Claremont office located at 1 Water St. They are open Monday - Friday 8:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
• Selectmen meet at 5 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays each month.
• Grantham United Methodist Church offers Sunday service at 10 a.m. each week.
• Harmony Night a capella chorus sings every Monday when school is in session, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Lebanon High School. All ages and experience levels are welcome at this free, intergenerational, educational and fun singing experience! Call director Dan Signor at 863-2319 for information.
• Storytimes at Dunbar Free Library at 10 a.m. Wednesdays for babies and toddlers with an adult, and at 10 a.m. Thursdays for preschool-aged children with an adult.
• The town has a food collection box in the town hall foyer. Food donations will be brought alternately to The Listen Center and the Newport Food Pantry.
• Make your donation to the Grantham Area Chamber of Commerce Park & Ride tree planting fun. The goal is $5,500. Mail donations to Park & Ride Tree Project, Grantham Area Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 1340, Grantham, NH, 03753. Contact Dan Foster at 863-1839 for more information.
• Visit www.granthamnh.net for official minutes, meeting dates and more.
• Another way to receive and communicate news concerning our community - http://GranthamVoice.com.
Don’t forget to send your news or events as the body of an email at least two weeks in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let your neighbors know what’s going on.
Top of this page
Front Page Archives
Contact: ken.s+sunacom.com (replace "+" with "@")